Jaipur is a bustling capital city and a business centre with all the trappings of a modern metropolis but yet flavoured strongly with an age-old charm that never fails to surprise a traveller. Jaipur is often called the Pink City in reference to its distinctly coloured buildings, which were originally painted this color to imitate the red sandstone architecture of Mughal cities. The present earthy red color originates from repainting of the buildings undertaken for a visit by the Prince of Wales in 1876. The stunning backdrops of ancient forts are apt testimonials of the bygone era and a reminder of their lingering romance and chivalry.
Cities Covered: Jaipur (India).
Stat your tour with a visit to the massive & most impressive Fort of Rajasthan, The Amber Fort. The Fort set in picturesque and rugged hills is a fascinating blend of Hindu and Mughal architecture. The rugged forbidding exterior belies an inner paradise with a beautiful fusion of art and architecture. Amber is the classic and romantic fort-palace with a magnificent aura. The interior wall of the palace depicts expressive painting scenes with carvings, precious stones and mirror settings. In the foreground is the Maota Lake providing a breathtaking vista. Here enjoy a ride on the elephant back to reach to the top of the fort. After the visit of the Fort return back to the hotel.
- Tour Timing : 0800hrs till 1000hrs (pick up time may vary depending on the location of the hotel)
- Meal as listed in the itinerary
- Private Transportation for the visits
- Professional local English speaking city guide for visits
- Admission Fees of visiting sites as per the itinerary
- Elephant Ride at Amber Fort to ascent
- All local government taxes wherever applicable
- Items of personal nature, such as, telephone calls and beverages including wines, liquors, soft drinks, Meal (Lunch) list in the program
Tips & Gratuities to guide(s) and to chauffeur(s)
- Any expenses caused by reasons beyond Apollo Voyages and its associate office.
- Any other expenses not mentioned in inclusions.
- Please carry valid identity proofs (passport, driving license etc).
- Please note that dress codes are conservative throughout India; modest and respectful clothing that covers the shoulders and knees is recommended. This is very important while visiting religious places.
- Always carry bottled water or packaged mineral water.
- Avoid taking street food unless you are into experimenting.
- Take care of your belongings while travelling in a crowded public place.
- Keep photocopies of your passport in the hotel locker.