- Highland Glory is a short tour in the beautiful hill country of Sri Lanka. Visit the scenic hill country, surrounded by the evergreen valleys and tea estates. Witness the beautiful Ramboda waterfall. Explore the beautiful, cozy little town of Nuwara Eliya, deemed ‘Little England’ by the British during their rule in Colonial Ceylon several hundred years ago.
Day 01 Colombo to Kandy
- Welcome on arrival by our representative and drive to Kandy en-route enjoy guided walk in a spice garden Manwanella. Continue on to Kandy (UNESCO World Heritage Site), on arrival check in at hotel. After a short break embark on a city tour: visit the famous vista point up at the upper-lake drive from where you will catch a beautiful panoramic view of the city below, drive around the man-made Kandy Lake. Later visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic. The golden-roofed Temple houses Sri Lanka’s most important Buddhist relic – a tooth of Lord Buddha.
Day 02 Kandy to Nuwara Eliya
- Enjoy the spectacular views of endless lush tea fields as you drive to Nuwara Eliya the chilly hill country resort located at 1800m above sea level. En route, stop to catch a glimpse of the beautiful Ramboda Falls and to visit a tea factory. Upon arrival in Nuwara Eliya explore the market place, the Golf course which is known to be one of the best 18-hole courses in the South Asia and drive around man-made Gregory Lake.
- Drive to Kitulgala, the number one choice of inland water sports enthusiasts. The turbulent white waters and still waters of Kelani River and the surrounding nature offer a memorable and enthralling outdoor experience to everyone from novice to pro with a wide choice of activities including white water rafting, hiking, trekking and canyoning. Slip into your wetsuit or a convenient leisure outfit, grab your paddle and enjoy an adventurous 1½-hour long, 05 km league white water rafting session on the Kelani River in Kitulgala. Also visit the location where the famous blockbuster of 50’s ‘The Bridge on the River Kwai’ was shot. After completion of the tour your chauffeur-guide will drive you back to Colombo airport where your tour concludes.
- Accommodation on Sharing basis and inclusive of Breakfast.
- Private air-conditioned transport for airport transfer and visits.
- Service of an English speaking chauffeur-guide.
- Entrance tickets to all the sites mentioned in the itinerary.
- White water rafting in Kitulgala.
- All taxes.
- Mandatory festive seasonal supplements (to be advised during such events).
- Camera/Video fees at sites.
- Personal expenses: laundry, calls, tipping, purchases etc.
- Bank transaction charges.
- Any items / services not included in Tour Includes.