- Tamil Nadu has a Glorious past, geographically a massive and exotic lush green landscapes and mountains; glittering seas, rivers, lakes and waterfalls; Rich and Radiant cultural Heritage, Popular Temples, Mosques and Churches; Magnificent Monuments, Marvellous Art, Fine Arts & Architecture and Lavish spread of exclusive regional culinary spreads: all these speaks volumes about Tamil Nadu, its People, Places, Rulers, Life Style and Culture. In this tour you will 17th century Fort St. George, visit Santhome Cathedral which houses the remains of St. Thomas the Apostle, Also visit 16th century famous Shiva Temple, Kapaleeshwarar Temple. On the tour you will also get to visit 7th and 8th century rock temple and open air bas-relief temple in Mahabaliupuram. Lastly you will visit Aurobindo Ashram and Auroville in Puducherry.
Day 01: Chennai/Mahabalipuram:
• Start your guided tour to visit the important sites of this historical city.
• Visit the 17th century Fort St. George – from where Chennai grew as an early “Factory House” on the beach, now housing government offices; St Mary’s Church, India’s first English church, completed in 1680, with cannon-proof roofs and 1.3 m thick walls.
• Visit Santhome Cathedral, which houses the remains of St. Thomas the Apostle.
• Also visit Kapaleeshwarar Temple, a 16th century Shiva temple; and the Bronze Gallery of the Government Museum (closed on Friday).
• After the visit drive to Mahabalipuram.
Day 02: Mahabalipuram:
• Wake up to the sounds of ocean waves and a scurry of fishermen as they head out in colorful boats (right)into the Bay of Bengal.
• Morning sightseeing of Mahabalipuram famous for its 7th and 8th century rock temples of the Pallava Emperors perched on a rocky outcropping, now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
• You’ll view an open-air bas-relief temple, the largest in the world.
Day 03: Mahabalipuram/Pondicherry:
• Drive to Pondicherry, on arrival check in at hotel. The town offers a unique experience with its mix of modern heritage and spiritual culture. With a predominantly historical background, Pondicherry takes one century back in time.
Day 04: Pondicherry/Chennai:
• Check out at 1200hrs and drive to Chennai airport where your tour concludes.
- The above rates are not valid from 24 December to 31 December, 2017.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis at the above hotels.
- Daily breakfast at the hotel.
- Services of local English / French speaking guide as per the itinerary.
- All transfers and sightseeing using an air-conditioned car with driver.
- Meeting and assistance by our office representative at all places.
- All present applicable taxes.
- Cancellation 30days before the date of travel no retention
- Cancellation between 30 to 15 days before the date of travel 50% cancellation applies
- Cancellation between 14 to 08 days before the date of travel 75% cancellation applies
- Cancellation within 07 days before the date of travel 100% cancellation applies.
- Nil cancellation would be applicable if you cancel service 24hours prior to scheduled arrival.
- Full cancellation would be applicable if you cancel service less than 24hours scheduled arrival.
- Pick up point From Varanasi Airport.
- Pick time As per airlines flight schedule.
- Journey Time Varies