Mumbai Sightseeing Tour
Welcome to the city that never sleeps! Pulsating, Alive, On the Move, Vibrant, and Fun — this is Mumbai or as it is still frequently referred to — Bombay. The most modern city in India, it captures the spirit of the changing pace set by liberalization and modernization.
Once a cluster of seven islands, Mumbai was presented to King Charles II in 1661 as part of the dowry when he married Princess Catherine de Braganza of Portugal.
Over the years, as colonialism gave way to independence, Mumbai has transformed itself into an entity with thriving markets, business houses and many different communities reflecting a cosmopolitan and trendy atmosphere rarely seen elsewhere. On the surface, it represents the ever-changing face of today’s India — the old coupled with the dynamic new, and yet at its very core, the heart of the city is steeped in Indian customs and values.
Mumbai Sightseeing tour is a shopper’s delight with bargain buys, exclusive boutiques, ethnic markets and mini bazaars. This busy city is also the hub of a thriving cultural life, with a constant stream of performances in music, dance and drama. The seat of the Hindi film industry, known locally as Bollywood, it produces the largest number of films in the world. Mumbai caters to the adventurous and the romantic through its sporting activities, nightclubs, pubs, theatres, beaches and restaurants. Old and new, rich and poor, classical and modern — it’s all here for you to savour and enjoy!
Drive through an upmarket residential area, The Malabar Hills and visit The Hanging Gardens. The gardens are terraced gardens perched at the top of Malabar Hill. The gardens provided sunset views over the Arabian Sea and feature numerous hedges carved into the shapes of animals.
Visit Mani Bhawan, a small museum dedicated to the life and works of Mahatma Gandhi and also visit world’s largest outdoor laundry, the Dhobi Ghat also admire Chhatrapati Shivaji Termnis, formerly known as Victoria Terminus, is an outstanding example of Victorian Gothic Revival architecture in India, blended with themes deriving from Indian traditional architecture.
- Tour Timing : 0900hrs till 1300hrs
- Tour Timing : 1400hrs till 1800hrs
- Meal as listed in the itinerary
- Private Transportation for the visits
- Professional local English speaking city guide for visits
- Admission Fees of visiting sites as per itinerary
- All local government taxes wherever applicable
- Items of a personal nature, such as, telephone calls and beverages including wines,
- Liquors, soft drinks, Meal (Lunch) list in the program
- Tips & Gratuities to guide(s) and to chauffeur(s)
- Any expenses caused by reasons beyond Apollo Voyages and its associate office.
- Any other expenses not mentioned in inclusions.
- Please carry valid identity proofs (passport, driving license etc).
- Please note that dress codes are conservative throughout India; modest and respectful clothing that covers the shoulders and knees is recommended. This is very important while visiting religious places.
- Always carry bottled water or packaged mineral water.
- Avoid taking street food unless you are into experimenting.