- Visit UNESCO-listed Kandy on a private day trip from Colombo/Negombo.Venture into Sri Lanka’s old royal capital, and visit the Temple of the Tooth, Kandy market, guided walk in a spice grove in Mawanella and the Royal Botanical Gardens in Peradeniya. Experience a day in the sacred city of Kandy.
- This tour also takes you on a jaunt through the lively streets of Kandy with their bright colors, delicious foods, and deep history.
- Your chauffeur-guide will pick you up at the Bandaranayake International Airport (Colombo Airport) or in Negombo town or Colombo City.
- Proceed to Kandy. En route, take an informative guided walk in a spice garden in Mawanella. Learn how spices and many other tropical herbs are grown. Culinarians or those who have a passion to learn foreign cuisines, at a short notice, can take a cookery lesson on how to prepare local dishes using tropical spices.
- And take a relaxed walk in the Royal Botanical Gardens in Peradeniya located on the banks of Mahaweli River just a few miles off Kandy city. A number of dignitaries including Soviet cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin and Queen Elizabeth II have planted trees to mark their visits here. One of the key highlights of the gardens is the orchid collection.
- Continue on to Kandy (UNESCO World Heritage Site), the island’s second largest city and the last stronghold of the Sri Lankan monarchs before it fell to the British in 1815.
- Upon reaching Kandy, embark on a city tour: visit the famous vista point up at the upper-lake drive from where you will catch a beautiful panoramic view of the city below. And drive around the man-made Kandy Lake. Later on visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic. The golden-roofed Temple houses Sri Lanka’s most important Buddhist relic – a tooth of Lord Buddha.
- Kandy offers effective souvenir-shopping opportunities too. This afternoon an hour or so is at your disposal for shopping before we make our way back. Browse for wooden handicrafts, Ceylon Tea, silk, batik, apparel and gems and jewellery.
- Now that you have completed your tour, your chauffeur-guide will drive you back to Colombo City, Negombo town or drop-off at the Colombo airport.
- Private air-conditioned transport for airport transfers and for excursion of Kandy.
- Service of an English speaking chauffeur-guide.
- Entrance tickets to all the sites mentioned in the itinerary.
- All taxes.
- Services which are not included in “Tour Inclusion”.
|Tour Duration||10-12 hours|
|Best to Start at||07-08 am|
|Meeting Point||Colombo Airport/ Colombo City limits/ Negombo|
|Drop-off Point||Colombo Airport/ Colombo City limits/ Negombo|
|Best During||Throughout the year|
|Best For||All ages|
|Other Language Options (extra cost)||German, Japanese, Russian|