Jaipur is a bustling capital city and a business centre with all the trappings of a modern metropolis but yet flavoured strongly with an age-old charm that never fails to surprise a traveller. Jaipur is often called the Pink City in reference to its distinctly coloured buildings, which were originally painted this color to imitate the red sandstone architecture of Mughal cities. The present earthy red color originates from repainting of the buildings undertaken for a visit by the Prince of Wales in 1876. The Stunning backdrops of ancient forts are apt testimonials of the bygone era and a reminder of their lingering romance and chivalry.
Cities Covered: Jaipur (India).
Stop at “Hawa Mahal” (Palace of Wind) for a photo. Hawa Mahal was built for the ladies of the royal household to watch everyday life and processions in the city from their veiled comfort.
Continue your visit to other monuments, The Observatory & The City Palace. Visit The Observatory, this UNESCO world heritage site is the largest of five astronomical observatories built by Maharaja Jai Singh from 1727 to 1734 in North India. The observatory consists of many geometric devices for measuring time, predicting eclipses, tracking stars in their orbits, ascertaining the declinations of planets and determining the celestial altitudes.
Also, visit City Palace; it is an architectural marvel that presents a perfect blend of Rajasthani and Mughal art and architecture. After the visit of important monuments of the pink visit, it’s time to visit the colourful bazaars displaying precious stones, gem cutting, brass-ware and Rajasthani cotton printing.
Also, enjoy Rickshaw Ride through the bazaar.
- Tour Timing : 0900hrs till 1300hrs
- Tour Timing : 140hrs till 1800hrs
- Instant confirmation will be sent to your specific email address as soon as payment is made for the service.
- Pickup time will be shared with you by our local associate office a day prior to the schedule service.
- Luggage restrictions will be applicable according to the vehicle capacity.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Meal as listed in the itinerary.
- Private Transportation for the visits.
- Professional local English speaking city guide for visits.
- Admission Fees of visiting sites as per the itinerary.
- All local government taxes wherever applicable.
- Items of a personal nature, such as, telephone calls and beverages including wines, liquors, soft drinks, Meal (Lunch) list in the program
- Tips & Gratuities to guide(s) and to chauffeur(s)
- Any expenses caused by reasons beyond Apollo Voyages and its associate office.
- Any other expenses not mentioned in inclusions.
- Please carry valid identity proofs (passport, driving license etc).
- Please note that dress codes are conservative throughout India; modest and respectful clothing that covers the shoulders and knees is recommended. This is very important while visiting religious places.
- Always carry bottled water or packaged mineral water.
- Avoid taking street food unless you are into experimenting.
- Take care of your belongings while travelling in a crowded public place.
- Keep photocopies of your passport in the hotel locker.