Ahmedabad is the first heritage city to be recognized by UNESCO with its origin dating back to around 600 years. The vibrant and diverse culture and traditions and a glorious past make it the cultural capital of Gujarat. The full-day sightseeing tour takes you to the finest attractions of this city – a Jain Temple – Hathee Sing temple, an intricately-carved mosque -Sidi Saiyyed Mosque, the former residence of Mahatma Gandhi – Sabarmati Ashram and Jama Masjid, also known as Jami or Jumma Mosque. Lastly, drive to Sarkhej village to visit the mosque and tomb complex known as “Acropolis of Ahmedabad”, due to 20th century architect Le Corbusier’s famous comparison of this mosque’s design to the Acropolis of Athens. During this tour, you will enjoy an in-depth architectural expedition in Ahmedabad.
Proceed for full day tour of Ahmadabad and Gandhinagar. Visit Siddhi Sayad Masjid, Jama Masjid &Swaminarayan Temple. The Sidi Saiyyed Mosque more popularly known as “Sidi Saiyyid ki Jaali”, built in 1573, is one of the most famous mosques of Ahmedabad. Visit Jama Masjid, also known as Jami or Jumma Mosque, is the most splendid mosque of Ahmedabad, built in 1423 during the reign of Ahmed Shah I. While all around the mosque lies the hectic frenzy of the center of the old city, step through the gates and the urban chaos falls away behind you, leaving you standing in a refuge of profound serenity, accompanied only by people in quiet prayer, and birds perching on the columns. Also visit famous Swaminarayan Temple built in 1822, the temple is carved in Burmese teak, and every arch and bracket is painted with bright colors, a defining characteristic of Swaminarayan temples everywhere. After visit of Swaminarayan temple drive to Gandhinagar to visit famous Akshardham Temple. On the way back visit Sabarmati Ashram. The ashram was witness to many historical events during British Empire. The Ashram houses a museum, a library, two photo galleries and an auditorium. It is perhaps having the largest number of original manuscripts of Gandhiji’s letters and articles. Also visit Adalaj Step well. The Step well has served as a resting place for hundreds of years for many pilgrims and caravans along their trade routes. Built in 1499, this five-storey step-wellwas not just a cultural and utilitarian space, but also a spiritual refuge. The well is a spectacular example of Indo-Islamic architecture and design. The harmonious play of intricate Islamic floral patterns seamlessly fusing into Hindu and Jain symbolism embody the culture and ethos of those times. All the walls carved by ornamentation, mythological scenes along with everyday scenes of women churning buttermilk, dancers accompanied by musicians, women adorning themselves and a king sitting on a stool. Lastly drive to Sarkhej village to visit the mosque and tomb complex. The complex is known as “Acropolis of Ahmedabad”, due to 20thcentury architect Le Corbusier’s famous comparison of this mosque’s design to the Acropolis of Athens. Sarkhej Roza comprises one of the most elegant and unique architectural complexes of Ahmedabad.
- Timing : 0900hrs to 1700hrs.
- P.S. : Akshardham remains closed on Mondays. So on Monday the duration of the trip will be less approx. for 6 hours.
- Meal as listed in itinerary.
- Private Transportation for the visits.
- Professional local English speaking city guide for visits.
- Admission Fees of visiting sites per itinerary.
- All local government taxes where applicable.
- Items of a personal nature, such as, telephone calls and beverages including wines, liquors, soft drinks, Meal (Refer to Tour Inclusions) list in the program.
- Tips &Gratuities to guide(s) and to chauffeur(s).
- Any expenses caused by reasons beyond Apollo Voyages and its associate office.
- Any other expenses not mentioned in inclusions.
- Please carry valid identity proofs (passport, driving license etc).
- Please note that dress codes are conservative throughout India; modest and respectful clothing that covers the shoulders and knees is recommended. This is very important while visiting religious places.
- Always carry bottled water or packaged mineral water.
- Avoid taking street food unless you are into experimenting.
- Take care of your belongings while travelling in a crowded public place.
- Keep photocopies of your passport in the hotel locker.