- Visit the Post-Colonial City of Galle, Sri Lanka and learn of its centuries worth history. Explore a UNESCO World Heritage site, the Galle Dutch Fort and walk its cobblestone streets, alive with the ambiance of an era bygone. Explore the untouched wilderness of Yala National Park, spotting Elephants, Leopards, and many other animals as you embark on a wildlife safari.
Arrive in Colombo and drive to Unawatuna or Koggala. Drive to the fishing town of Kalutara to Kalutara Temple, one of the most-revered Buddhist temples in the Island. Thereafter visit a Turtle Hatchery in Kosgoda. After the visit enjoy a boat safari on Madu River, the second largest swamp in the island. The little-over an hour-long boat ride runs through a fascinating shady mangrove forest. During the tour you would get to visit a Buddhist monastery on an island and an islet where cinnamon is being peeled and oil is extracted by the inhabitants. Next explore the colonial Dutch Fort in Galle, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. After the visit check in to your hotel.
Drive to Mulgirigala to visit the Rock Monastery. There are a number of fascinating caves at different heights on this 210 m high boulder, containing vividly colorful murals that depict the previous births of Lord Buddha. Continue your drive to Tissamaharama town bordering the Yala sanctuary. In the afternoon enjoy thrilling jeep safari in the Yala National Park (Park remain closed in September). Yala has the highest leopard density in the world and seeing one is a sheer luck. Spotted deer, wild boar, wild buffalo, mugger crocodiles, macaques and elephants are commonly seen here but sloth bear and leopard sightings are rare.
Drive to Matara to visit the 07-storey high lighthouse in Cape Dondra-Head. The lighthouse was built by the Dutch, and it is considered to one of the most beautiful and lighthouse in Sri Lanka. After the visit drive to Colombo airport where your tour concludes
- Hotel Accommodation on Twin Sharing on Bed & Breakfast
- Private transportation for airport transfers and visits by an air-conditioned car.
- Service of an English speaking chauffeur-guide.
- Entrance tickets to all the sites mentioned in the itinerary.
- A boat safari on Madu River.
- A jeep-safari in the Yala National Park.
- All taxes.
- Mandatory festive seasonal supplements (to be advised during such events).
- Camera/Video fees at sites.
- Personal expenses: laundry, calls, tipping etc.
- Bank transaction commissions.