Taj Mahal Sightseeing
The historical city of Agra is famous for being home to one of the Seven Wonders of the World – the Taj Mahal. The architectural splendour of the mausoleums, the fort and the palaces is a vivid remainder of the capital in the 16th and early 17th century. While its significance as a political centre ended with the transfer of the capital to Delhi in 1634, its architectural wealth has secured its place on the international map. A pleasant town with comparatively slow pace, Agra is known for its superb inlay work on marble by craftsmen supposedly the descendants of those who worked under the Mughals on the Taj. The city is also famous for its carpets, gold thread embroidery and leather shoes. Agra was once the capital of the Mughal Empire and even today it seems to linger in the past.
Cities Covered: Agra (India).
On arrival visit Agra Fort & Taj Mahal Sightseeing. The World Famous “TAJ MAHAL”, one of the most photographed tourist attractions in the world.
he Taj Mahal was built by Emperor Shahjahan in the memory of his beloved wife Mumtaj Mahal and it is entirely made of white marble and its walls are decorated with exquisite pietra dura (stone inlay) work.
Near the gardens of the Taj Mahal stands the important 16th-century Mughal monument known as the Red Fort. This powerful fortress of red sandstone encompasses the imperial city of the Mughal rulers. It comprises many fairy-tale palaces, such as the Jahangir Palace and the Khas Mahal, built by Shah Jahan; audience halls, such as the Diwan-i-Khas; and two very beautiful mosques. Drive back to Jaipur.
- Timing: 0700 till 2000hrs
- Closed: Tour will not operate on Fridays as Taj Mahal remains closed on Fridays
- Meal as listed in the itinerary
- Private Transportation for the visits
- Professional local English speaking city guide for visits
- Admission Fees of visiting sites as per the itinerary
- All local government taxes wherever applicable
- Items of personal nature, such as, telephone calls and beverages including wines, liquors, soft drinks, Meal (Lunch) list in the program
- Tips & Gratuities to guide(s) and to chauffeur(s)
- Any expenses caused by reasons beyond Apollo Voyages and its associate office.
- Any other expenses not mentioned in inclusions.
- Please carry valid identity proofs (passport, driving license etc).
- Please note that dress codes are conservative throughout India; modest and respectful clothing that covers the shoulders and knees is recommended. This is very important while visiting religious places.
- Always carry bottled water or packaged mineral water.
- Avoid taking street food unless you are into experimenting.
- Take care of your belongings while travelling in a crowded public place.
- Keep photocopies of your passport in the hotel locker.