- Enjoy a fascinating journey through the backwaters of Kerala, a chain of brackish lagoons and lakes lying parallel to the Arabian Sea coast of Kerala. The network includes five large lakes linked by canals, both man made and natural, fed by 38 rivers, and extending virtually half the length of Kerala state. In the midst of this beautiful landscape there are a number of towns and cities, which are the starting and end points of backwater cruises. An exhilarating tour of God’s own country, Kerala. Come to the land of spices and experience the tranquillity of composed seawater, tropical greenery and imperial hills.
• On arrival at Cochin Airport/Railway Station you will be received by our representative and introduced to your driver as well. Next up, drive straight to the so called Honeymooners Paradise -Munnar hill station. Enroute stop at Valara and Cheeyappara Waterfalls. On reaching Munnar if time permits visit the Tea museum or else check into the hotel and relax.
Today post breakfast, proceed for full day sightseeing of the Romantic hills in Munnar visiting the Eravikulam National Park, Rajamala Peak, Tea Museum (closed on Mondays), Mattupetty Dam, and Echo Point.
Drive to one of the most famous wildlife destinations in India, Thekkady (Periyar). Check in the hotel and later free for the activities such as Periyar Boat ride inside the wildlife sanctuaries [Direct payment or advanced booking]. Evening you have options for Kalaripayattu show [Direct payment], the worlds’ oldest martial art form, which originated from Kerala.
• Today post breakfast you have options for Spice plantation tour, Ayurvedic massage, Half day village walk, Half day elephant program, Jeep safari and Elephant ride [Direct payment or advanced booking]. As per your interest in any of these activities you may enjoy your day at Periyar.
Drive to the most exciting and unique backwater destination – Alleppey to embark your private houseboat at 12noon. Experience the sheer charm of Alleppey while cruising through the scenic backwaters and enjoy the delicious Kerala meals cooked exclusively for you. Later rest in your private room and overnight at Houseboat.
Today checkout the houseboat and as per your flight train schedule you will be dropped at the Cochin Airport/Railway station.
- The above rates are not valid from 20 December 2017 to 10 January, 2018.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis at the above hotel details.
- Daily breakfast at the hotel.
- All meals &evening tea/coffee at the house boat.
- All transfers and sightseeing using an air-conditioned car with English speaking driver.
- Meeting and assistance by our office representative at all places.
- All present applicable taxes.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as laundry, drinks (alcoholic &non alcoholic), phone calls, Tips at hotels/restaurants/guides and chauffeur, still &video camera charges etc.
- Any Lunch &Dinner (except at the house boat).
- Any monument/park entrance fees (USD 10 per person, subject to change for Foreign nationals), the same will be payable directly by the pax.
- Boat rides on the Lake Periyar, payable directly by the pax.
- Air tickets to India and back, India Visa fees and travel insurance etc.
- Any domestic air tickets.
- Any expenses caused by reasons beyond our and our associate offices control such as flight delays, rescheduling or cancellations, any accidents, medical evacuation riots, strikes, political unrest, natural disasters etc.
- Any other taxes or service charges that could be enforced during travelling period will be extra and needed to be borne by the guests.
- Mandatory Christmas / New Year Eve Gala dinner supplement may apply at hotels and may be additional.
- Any other expenses not specified above in “Price include”section.
- Cancellation 30days before the date of travel no retention
- Cancellation between 30 to 15 days before the date of travel 50% cancellation applies
- Cancellation between 14 to 08 days before the date of travel 75% cancellation applies
- Cancellation within 07 days before the date of travel 100% cancellation applies.